Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A blanket for husband.

Good Morning Everyone! One more day closer to the Thanksgiving and the beginning of Hanukah. I hope your are getting ready for a fabulous filled day with family and friends.

So...


Today's pattern is based on something for my husband. Now mind you I have been trying to figure out what kind of blanket to make for him. Then this lovely app named Pintrest came along and I have been able to find all sorts of awesome patterns to do, even one for my husband. With this blanket, I was able to use a lot of yarn that has been stored up in my craft room. Needless to say, I haven't bought any since I was out of work in May, so my storage has kind of dwindled. But I was ecstatic when I saw that I had enough black, white, gray and red to do this blanket.

This is the picture that I based the pattern off of...
















Now here is the rendition that I drew up for this blanket. I wanted to make it a little bigger then what was shown in the picture. So I added another bigger center block and two smaller blocks to add length to it. I also re-arranged the colors of the outside block because I didn't want so much white.

Displaying photo.JPG



And then here is a picture of the some what almost finished blanket. I finally got it done in time for him to curl up with it for Christmas. It is a really heavy blanket but I can tell he likes it because he was nice and warm and asleep in five mins. Haha

Displaying IMG_1184.jpg


Displaying IMG_7542.jpg

If you would like that pattern, feel free to message me and I can type it up for you. I pretty much made it myself and added the edging of it after.

Have a great day!

Remember you're only a loop, swoop, and pull from your own miraculous creations.

~Sarah~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah, thanks for stopping over my place, & for leaving a comment.
    Here is the link to the pageof the original posting where I got the pattern for the Crochet Hooded Shawl..http://crochetbythesea.blogspot.com/2013/10/i-am-so-making-this.html

    ReplyDelete