Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Bahama Mamma Blanket.

I absolutely fell in love with this blanket. I found this original pattern on Ravelry called Sunny Spread or something like that. Instead of doing one color though, I wanted a ton of colors instead. I chose tropical colors and brown. I wanted the colors to pop. The tropical colors that I used were from Caron Yarn. The colors were the berry blue, limelight green, sunshine yellow, watermelon pink, and tangerine or mango (I forgot the color because I ran out), and then brown. I did five circles of each tropical color and then bordered them with the brown. Once that was done, I put them in different patterns so the colors weren't all lined up all the same. Once they were sewn together, I lined the outside of the blanket with the colors. I call this the bahama mamma blanket and I made it for one of my best friends.



This a picture of what the separate blocks look like with the color surrounded by the brown.


Sewn together with the border and folded. It is such a nice warm and cozy blanket. If you need a pattern, go to Ravelry. It has a ton of options. 

Thank you!!!

Remember you're only a loop, swoop, and pull from your own miraculous creations.

~~Ms. Sarah~~

No comments:

Post a Comment